Publications & Materials
2021 Canadian Electrical Code Book, Part I
The 25th edition of the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I continues to serve as a key component in the Canadian electrical safety system. When bundled with supporting products you will benefit from an increased understanding of the impacts and importance of safe electrical installation practices to your business.
Leave no room for misinterpretations: Bundle your 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I and Save!
Why you need this publication?
- Ensure that your company and employees are in full compliance with local jurisdictions
- Minimize costly reworks due to use of out-of-date or incorrect installation practices
- Enhance your competitive advantage by understanding impacts of key emerging technologies
- 2021 CE Code Part 1: $185.00 + GST
- Handbook (explanation): $160.00 + GST
- PDF Versions are available for all books
- Contact BCEA to Order
Z462 Workplace Electrical Safety Standard - 3rd Edition
The new edition of CSA Z462 – Workplace Electrical Safety has been extensively revised and updated, with expanded criteria and guidance material. It has also been aligned with the changes and revisions to the 2015 edition of the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I and in parallel with the 2015 edition of NFPA 70E. The 2015 edition of CSA Z462 reflects a major shift towards risk assessment, with new definitions that harmonize with other safety standards such as CSA Z1000 and Z1002. It also adds a considerable amount of resource material geared towards organizations seeking to make electrical safety an integral part of their overall safety management system.
The 3rd Edition of Z462 Provides:
- Improved direction on hazard identification and risk assessment
- New safety procedures and assessment tables for work around DC systems
- New tables for the selection of personal protective equipment
- Added guidance on safe procedures and training
- New Annexes on safety around high-voltage systems and electrostatic discharges
- Updated with the 2015 Canadian Electrical Code and the new Z463 Guideline on Maintenance of Electrical Systems
- Incorporates the principles and procedures detailed in the new Z463 Guideline on Maintenance of Electrical Systems
- Updated in conjunction with updates of the CE Code and CSA Z460 (Hazardous Energy Control)
- New criteria and advice on risk assessment and risk-based decision making
Major Changes to Z462
- Elimination of prohibited approach boundary and HRC Category "0"
- Enhanced clarification of risk assessment procedures for hazardous electrical systems
- Hierarchy of control applied to risk mitigation
- Considerations on condition of equipment
- New requirement for audits of field work
- New section on human performance and electrical safety
Why You Need This New Edition of Z462?
The latest edition of CSA Z462 offers direction on integrating electrical safety programs into OHS management systems helping you to comply with due diligence requirements. CSA Z462 provides details on recognized methods for identifying electrical hazards & risk assessment, defines best safety practices and training for work on and around electrical equipment.
- Z462 Workplace Electrical Safety Standard: $125.00 + GST
- Contact BCEA to Order
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices shown do not include taxes.
- For their CSA publications, please call (604) 244-6652
January 26th, 2021
February 23rd, 2021
March 23rd, 2021
May 25th, 2021
July 20th, 2021
Morgan Creek Golf Course
September 28th, 2021